This document (“Rewards Terms and Conditions”) describes the terms and conditions of the Mercury® Rewards Program (“Program”) and supplements the Mercury® Rewards Visa® Card, Mercury® Mastercard®, Mercury® World Mastercard®, or Mercury® World Elite Mastercard® Cardmember Agreement, as applicable, that governs your credit card account issued by First Bank & Trust (the “Card Account”). By using the Card Account, you agree to participate in the Program. Your participation is subject to the terms of the Cardmember Agreement, including the arbitration provision, if applicable, and these Rewards Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict between the Cardmember Agreement and these Rewards Terms and Conditions, with respect to matters relating to the Program, these Rewards Terms and Conditions controls. The Cardmember Agreement controls in all other respects.
The Program is provided by First Bank & Trust. The Program and benefits are offered at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to alter or waive any program feature or benefit, including and without limitation participation fees, point accrual or redemption criteria, or to cancel or temporarily suspend the Program at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to approve, deny or revoke cardmember (“you”, “your”) participation in the Program for any reason.
Earn points for everyday Purchases made using your Card. Once enough points are accumulated (see the section on Points Redemption), you can redeem points for a Statement Credit, and potentially other items which we may elect to make available in the future.
1. The Card will be auto-enrolled in the Program and bound by the Rewards Terms and Conditions.
2. We may contact you from time to time with information regarding your Rewards Account or additional promotions. You may change your communication preferences at www.mercurycards.com or by calling the Customer Service number shown on the front of your billing statement.
3. We reserve the right to limit your ability to earn or redeem points while participating in the Program.
1. Points accrue at a rate of one (1) point for each dollar ($1.00) of qualifying Purchases made with your Card less returns, disputed charges, unauthorized charges, or illegal or fraudulent charges (“Net Purchases”) made by you and/or any Authorized User(s) of the Card Account.
2. Points will round up to the next dollar if the Purchase is equal to an amount that ends in $0.50 or greater.
3. From time to time, we may, in our sole discretion, offer “bonus” points in connection with special offers. These “bonus” points will be governed under these Rewards Terms and Conditions, as well as any additional terms disclosed with the offering.
1. There is no cap on the total amount of the points you can earn as long as the Program continues and the Card Account is open for new transactions.
2. The following transactions are not considered Purchases and will not earn points: Balance Transfers, Checks and Cash Advances, fees, interest charges, and fraudulent transactions.
3. You may not be permitted to earn or redeem points if any of the following occur:
1. As the cardmember, you can log into www.mercurycards.com to review your Rewards Account and redeem points. In addition, you can call the number on the back of your Card.
2. Once accrued points in your Rewards Account have been redeemed, they cannot be added back into the Rewards Account.
3. Unless specifically noted, redeemed rewards are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable or transferable for cash, credit, other rewards or points under any circumstances.
4. By redeeming rewards, you release First Bank & Trust and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers from any and all liability regarding the redemption or use of rewards or other participation in the Program.
5. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any reward at any time.
1. You may redeem points for a statement credit.
2. Each statement credit redemption will require a minimum of 1,000 points. For example, 1,000 points can be redeemed for a $10 statement credit (1% Cash Back value). Redemptions for more than 1,000 points can be made in increments of 100 points.
3. Statement credits will appear on your monthly bill/statement as “Rewards Statement Credit” and not as a payment, so please make sure you pay your minimum payment due each month. Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your minimum payment due shown on each statement. If the statement credit redemption causes a credit balance on your Card Account, the credit adjustment will remain on your Card Account and the points will not be reinstated.
4. Statement credits will be processed within 5-7 business days from date of redemption.
Your points do not expire but may be forfeited if any of the following occur:
1. Your Card Account is closed, including if it is closed for inactivity. Points can be redeemed up to 60 days after account closure, subject to the terms listed under the sections titled ‘Restrictions on Point Earning and Redeeming’ and ‘Statement Credit Redemptions.’
2. Your Card Account is in Default under your Cardmember Agreement.
3. We determine in our sole discretion that you, or any Authorized User on the Card Account, engage in any illegal activity through the use of the Program or engage in activity that is deemed to be fraudulent or abusive conduct under the Program.
1. Points have no cash value until redeemed, are not your property, and may not be transferred or assigned.
2. We are not responsible for unauthorized redemptions on your Rewards Account.
3. Fraud or abuse relating to the accrual of points or redemption of rewards may result in forfeiture of accrued points as well as disqualification from participation in the Program and cancellation of your Rewards Account, and Card Account.
4. We are not liable in case of disagreement over issuance or redemption of points or a cardmember’s right to possess points or make redemptions.
5. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, eligibility of points for accrual, conversion of points or redemptions of rewards will be resolved by us in our sole discretion. Discrepancies about point earnings are not treated as credit card billing disputes. Please refer to your Cardmember Agreement for details about billing disputes.
6. Purchase returns or other credits reflected on your statements during or subsequent to the period of Program membership will reduce or eliminate the points available for redemption.
7. The determination of tax liability for any federal, state or local taxes (as may be applicable) arising out of the accrual or conversion of points or redemption of rewards in the Program shall be your sole responsibility.
8. We are not responsible for typographical errors and/or photographic errors and/or omissions in this document.
9. These Rewards Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Rewards Terms and Conditions.
10. These Rewards Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws (excluding conflicts of law provisions) of South Dakota.
11. If you have any questions about the Program, please contact the customer service phone number on the back of your Card.
We reserve the right to change the purchase to points earning ratio at our discretion. If changed, this will only apply to purchases which you make after the change, and will not effect the value of the points which you previously earned. We reserve the right to correct inaccurate points values represented on billing statements or our website, at our sole discretion. The Program may be changed (added to, modified or deleted) by us at any time, including without limitation amendments to the definition of Purchases. We will give you prior notice to the extent required by law. The current version of these Rewards Terms and Conditions may be found at www.mercurycards.com. Any revisions may affect your ability to earn points.
By participating in the Program, and accepting and using the points earned, you release, discharge, and hold harmless First Bank & Trust, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, service providers, employees, officers, directors, successors, and assignees from all claims, damages, or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program. Moreover, unless otherwise required by law, this Program, or our Card Agreement with you, we will not be liable to you or anyone making a claim on your behalf, in connection with: (1) any change or termination of the Program; (2) any loss, damage, expense or inconvenience caused by any occurrence outside of our control; (3) any taxes that you incur as a result of receiving point redemptions, payment of which taxes will be your responsibility; (4) any merchandise or services you purchase, or for any direct, indirect or consequential damages with respect to the use of your Rewards Account. In any event, any liability that First Bank & Trust may have to you in connection with the Program shall be limited to the amount of any point redemptions you have earned in this Program. The Program and point redemptions are void or limited where prohibited or restricted, respectively, by federal, state or local law.
This card is issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated or Visa USA Incorporated; and managed by Mercury® Financial. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.